Last Updated on March 11, 2021
This Instant Pot Sweet & Spicy Egg Salad will bring a newfound appreciation for egg salad, even if you’re not a big fan. One bite and you’ll be hooked.
My husband loves eggs of any kind. He puts me in mind of the character “Bubba” in the movie Forrest Gump where Bubba is explaining to Forrest all the ways to prepare and eat shrimp. That’s my husband. I can hear him saying, “There’s fried eggs, poached eggs, hardboiled, egg sandwich, egg salad, over easy, sunny side up, …..”.
However, he is especially fond of my Sweet and Spicy Bacon Egg Salad! In fact, he took my recipe with him to South Korea when he was reassigned there from Washington. He claims his version was better than mine. So he claims.
Regardless of whose version is better (mine, of course!), it is a family favorite all year long! So, I decided to convert this recipe to the Instant Pot.
I could have hard-boiled the eggs in the Instant Pot in their shells like a normal person would have. But according to my husband, I’m not normal. LOL! Needless to say, I got a bit creative! Did you know you can crack the eggs and fix them RIGHT in the pot?! No? Well keep on reading and I am going to show you exactly how I did it.
Instant Pot Sweet & Spicy Egg Salad
This Instant Pot Sweet and Spicy Bacon Egg Salad is fast, simple, and delicious. You definitely don’t want to miss out on this decadent flavor!
What you will need:
- 1 Dozen Eggs Hard Boiled (keep reading to learn how I did this right in my Instant Pot!)
- 1 Pound of Maple Bacon (you can use less and it doesn’t have to be Maple)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch Packet (sprinkle to taste)
- A bit of Pepper
- A dash of Salt
- French’s Honey Mustard
- French’s Spicy Brown Mustard
- French’s Mustard
- Relish – I prefer THIS that I can myself at home but you can use store-bought sweet relish, too. Note- if you are doing low carb there is a sugar-free relish!
Directions to make Instant Pot Sweet & Spicy Egg Salad
First, you want to preparer the eggs. Here is step by step how to boil then in the Instant Pot:
This helps you prepare 6 eggs at a time in the pot.
Crack 6 eggs into the bowl.
Pour 3/4 cups of water into the pot (leave this in for the next round of eggs).
Place bowl with eggs on a trivet directly into your instant pot or pressure cooker.
Use 5 minutes on high pressure with natural release. That’s it! Quick and easy!
Now continue on with the rest of the Egg Salad!
Read: Original Recipe
After eggs are boiled, cut them up small. I prefer to just do this by hand, but you can also use a chopper if you so desire.
Next, you want to put eggs in a big bowl and then crush your bacon and mix it in.
Add Salt, Pepper, and Ranch to your taste.
Add in Honey Mustard & mix. I use about 2-3 serving spoons full.
Add in one spoonful of Spicy Brown Mustard.
Add in 1-2 spoons full of regular mustard and mix.
Add in relish. I used about 3-4 serving size spoons full.
Add in Mayonnaise – usually 3-4 spoons full. You definitely do not want it too dry, but you also don’t want it too wet and sloppy, either. And you definitely don’t want the mayonnaise to overpower the taste.
How do you store leftover egg salad?
Due to the ingredients in this recipe, you’re going to need to keep it stored in the fridge. Having a container with a lid is the key to keeping it as fresh as possible for as long as possible. That’s what I do and it stays fresh nicely IF we have any leftover at all.
Can you freeze egg salad?
You shouldn’t. Due to the ingredients and the hardboiled eggs, this isn’t going to be something that freezes well. However, since it’s such a fast and simple recipe, you can easily make this in no time flat.
Variations to this Instant Pot Egg Salad Recipe
One of the reasons that this recipe is so popular is because it’s an easy way to make a fun meal, fast. You can also easily change this up to get some different tastes and flavors.
Sweet pickles and dill pickles can easily be substituted to vary the flavor, but you can also add in onions or even some fresh jalapenos to add a spicy kick.
How to serve egg salad?
There are a few ways to serve up this simple recipe. One simple option is to add crackers. Adding crackers can transform this dish into an appetizer or dip, especially if you have a get-together among friends, a group, or a church event. Another way to enjoy this egg salad recipe is to make it a sandwich. Homemade bread is the perfect addition to take this recipe over the top.
I’ve even spooned this in lettuce wraps to keep it low carb and simple, too! How you want to eat this simple recipe is totally up to you and your taste buds. You really can’t go wrong with any of the choices!
More Easy Recipes
- Mediterranean Tuna & Instant Pot Chickpea Salad
- Instant Pot Thai Quinoa Salad
- Instant Pot Black Bean & Quinoa Salad
Don’t forget to print the Recipe to have it handy!
- 1 Dozen Eggs Hard Boiled keep reading to learn how I did this right in my Instant Pot!
- 1 Pound of Maple Bacon you can use less and it doesn't have to be Maple
- Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch Packet sprinkle to taste
- A bit of Pepper
- A dash of Salt
- French's Honey Mustard
- French's Spicy Brown Mustard
- French's Mustard
For the Eggs
- You can do 6 eggs at a time in the pot. Crack 6 eggs into a bowl.
- Pour about 3/4 cups of water into the pot (leave this in for the next round of eggs).
- Place bowl with eggs on a trivet into the pot.
- Use 5 minutes on high pressure with natural release. That's it! Quick and easy!
Rest of the Recipe
- I used to make my bacon for this in the microwave. That was until I discovered the Air Fryer. Y'all, this was a game-changer!
- After eggs are boiled, cut them up small. I do this by hand, but you can also use a chopper if you want.
- Put eggs in a big bowl and then crush your bacon and mix it in
- Add Salt, Pepper, and Ranch to your taste
- Add in Honey Mustard and mix. I use about 2-3 serving spoons full.
- Add in one spoonful of Spicy Brown Mustard
- Add in 1-2 spoonfuls of regular mustard and mix all of it up
- Add in relish. I used about 3-4 serving size spoonfuls in it
- Add in Mayonnaise - usually 3-4 spoonfuls. You don't want it too dry but you don't want it too wet and sloppy either. And you definitely don't want the mayonnaise to overpower the taste.