Do you have to use greek yogurt for this recipe?
12 oz Professional Clear Glass Thick Wall Sauce Bottle with Drip Resistant Flip Top Cap (2 Pack) + Labels for BBQ Sauce, Salad Dressings, moreBall Wide Mouth Mason Jars (16 oz/Pint capacity) 6 Pack – Microwave & Dishwasher Safe. + SEWANTA Jar Opener
If I don’t have any sour cream, can I just substitute in more greek yogurt?
What are some ways that you can use this ranch dressing?
- Amish Broccoli Salad With a Twist. This is such a delicious salad that is good all year! It does use ranch, so this recipe would be perfect for it!
- Air Fryer BBQ Bacon Onion Rings. Oh My Gracious is right with this recipe! It is so good and even better using some ranch to dip. YUM!
- Instant Pot (OR PRESSURE COOKER) Creamy Pepperoni Pasta Salad. This pasta salad is a family favorite. It previously was one I made traditionally on the stove top. You can find the traditional recipe for Pepperoni Pasta Salad here on the website. I think you will love it!
- Air Fryer Catfish. Catfish fixed in the air fryer is amazing! Whip up some ranch as a dip vs tartar sauce.
- Fried Green Tomatoes. Ok, my southern heart LOVES fried green tomatoes! Pair them with ranch to dip and it is a match made in heaven!
- Instant Pot Chicken. Pair ranch, chicken, lettuce or other veggies for an amazing salad!
- Chicken! Allergy friendly chicken or regular, chicken tenders dipped in ranch is always a hit!
- Air Fryer Egg & Corn Salad. This salad has another dressing traditionally with it, but you could use the ranch and it still be amazing!
- Baked Potatoes! I love love love using ranch on my baked potatoes!
Can you freeze this homemade ranch dressing?
Homemade Ranch Dressing (Soy Free & Mayo Free!)
Makes – 2 cups
Ingredients to make homemade ranch
½ cup of Greek Yogurt
¼ cup of Sour Cream
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
½ teaspoon of minced garlic
¼ teaspoon dried Dill Weed
½ teaspoon of dried Parsley
1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
1 cup of Buttermilk
Instructions to make ranch dressing
Combine all the ingredients in a blender jar and blend until combined.
Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Pour out in clean and dry glass jar.
Store in the fridge.
Keeps well for a month.
Can you add extra spices to this ranch dressing?
You can! You can absolutely alter it to fit your taste buds. If you want it to be a bit spicy, just add in some cayenne pepper or ghost pepper. And if you want it to have a more garlic flavor, sprinkle in some garlic powder. When it comes to creating a homemade dressing, you have complete control over how it’s going to taste.
Why add lemon juice to this recipe?
Adding lemon juice to this recipe pairs well with the other added ingredients. Not only that but it’s a great contrast when mixing it with the dairy products. If you have lime juice that you want to use instead, you can absolutely do so with this recipe.
If you’ve never made your own homemade dressing before, this is the recipe to start with. It’s simple to make and creates an epic taste that you and your family are sure to enjoy. Plus, it will take your boring old salads and make them new and exciting again.
When you’re doing your best to eat healthy and stay away from processed foods and fried foods, finding a good dressing is important. This simple handmade ranch dressing is one that you’ll find yourself wanting to put on anything and everything. The taste will have you coming back for more! Personally, I love having a jar in my fridge all the time.
Don’t forget to print the recipe out for later!
- ½ cup of Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup of Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- ½ teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried Dill Weed
- ½ teaspoon of dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender jar and bled until combined.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Pour out in clean and dry glass jar.
- Store in fridge.
- Keeps well for a month.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 1325mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g
We try our best to calculate the nutrition accurately. However, we cannot verify if it is or not. We are not Doctors or nutritionists. I am just a mom. 😉