Last Updated on May 22, 2019
I am so excited to share with you my recipe for homemade laundry soap! Using homemade laundry soap and detergent is so much better for you and honestly, cheaper. A few years back I started making homemade laundry soap or detergent. At just pennies a load, you cannot go wrong with this homemade recipe. I also LOVE, LOVE using essential oils in the laundry room.
You will need the following items:
- Washing Soda which you can buy HERE
- Borax which you can buy HERE
- Bar Soap I prefer Fels-Naptha bought HERE
- You can also buy this laundry soap making kit that has the above ingredients together HERE
- Essential Oils which you can buy HERE ( I prefer lavender) when you get there enter member #1726375
- A 5 gallon container that has a lid bought HERE
Here are the steps:
- Grate the soap
- Take grated soap to the stove and add 6 cups of water
- Melt the soap
- Add in 1/2 cup of borax
- Add in 1/2 cup of Arm & Hammer Washing Soap
- Dissolve all ingredients well, keep stirring too so it doesn’t burn
- Pour in 6 more cups of HOT water into the bucket
- Pour mixture into the bucket after water
- Add in essential oil
- Stir water, mixture, and essential oils in bucket
- Let sit over night.
- Before using mix well each time
- Use 1/2 cup for regular laundry and 1 cup for a large load or extra dirty load:)
This all makes 64 loads of laundry and takes less time to make then going to the grocery store!