If you are looking for a little autumn fun, some great October activities or fun things to do for fall, well this for you! I love fall and love spending time with family creating memories from making apple cider, visiting a pumpkin patch or a fun fall DIY activity that gets the whole family involved. Come join me as I share this super fun and cute DIY Fall Family Bucket List Activity.
DIY Fall Family Bucket List
Bonfires, hoodies and the leaves changing colors to a beautiful masterpiece painting are all the reasons I believe Fall is one of the prettiest seasons of the year. Although I’m not a huge fan of chilly mornings (but I do love sweaters), I love taking drives and seeing the leaves change colors.
I also enjoy the countless outdoor activities calling my name in the fall. To be honest, I’m ready for a change in temperature. It has been 90 degree heat or more since April here in the south!
As soon as September presented itself, I knew I needed to get prepared and decorate for Fall. So I created this easy DIY fall bucket list craft below that is so simple to make and will ensure you have the best fall season.
I also added some more ideas below in case you wanted different activities, more activities, or perhaps let your family vote on what they want to do this season. Spend time as a family making your fall bucket and then fill it full of activities you want to do during the fall months. This is a great way to add in some autumn fun! Then pick a stick and do whatever activity is on the stick.
We sat down the other day and made our DYI Fall Family Bucket List for this year and it was incredibly fun just hearing some of my kids’ ideas! The kids had a blast adding in activities they wanted to do this fall season. From hayrack rides to pumpkin patches, and even a fall foliage hike to see all the pretty trees changing colors.
Once the bucket was filled with activities, we let the kids take turns to pick a stick and see what we will do for that weekend. It is such a fun craft; we really enjoy doing this every fall. However, last year we didn’t do the sticks. Instead, we did a calendar. Here’s what it looked liked in case you’d rather do that instead or do both! Why not right?!
I really love the idea of this DIY fall bucket list and how it turned out because it is allowing you to have family time, create lasting memories, and enjoy fall and all its beauty. Every family member had a blast! As the weekends unfold and we start pulling out sticks, we will be doing something entertaining and enjoyable for the whole family.
Ideas For A Fall Family Bucket List
- Make Apple Cider
- Hayrack Ride
- Pumpkin Patch
- Corn Maze
- Rake Leaves
- Make Pies
- Eat Apple Cider Doughnuts
- Make S’mores
- Have a bonfire
- Star Gaze on a Chilly Night
- Have A Hot Chocolate Bar
- Hike and look at colorful leaves
- Family Photo session outdoors
- Fall Festival
- Apple Picking
- Autumn Craft
- Paint or Carve Pumpkins
- Tailgating at Football Game
- Make Something out of Leaves
Don’t forget while you are out on these fun adventures to pack your camera or use your smart phone camera. You don’t want to miss a single moment. Fall is an excellent time of year to get great outdoor pictures.
Whether it is an action shot of your child picking a pumpkin or walking while you hike to look at leaves, you can find some great picture moments that would look perfect on a holiday card.
So don’t wait! Grab those crafting supplies and have fun making out your fall bucket list and have fun doing the activities once they are picked.
What’s Needed to make your own DIY Fall Family Bucket List
- Small Tin Bucket
- 10-12 Small Popsicle Sticks—red, orange, yellow, natural
- Popcorn Kernels
- Black Marker
- Small Chalkboard Sign
- Chalk or Chalkboard Marker
Set of 2-Galvanized Metal Pail Buckets Size: 6Artlicious – 1000 Natural Wooden Food Grade Popsicle Craft SticksAmish Country Popcorn -Baby White Extra Small and Tender Popcorn, Old Fashioned and Non-GMO – 6 lb Bag with Recipe Guide and 1 Year Freshness GuaranteeSharpie Permanent Marker, Fine Point, Black, Pack of 3Multicraft Imports Chalkboard/Cork Easel, 4.375-Inch by 7.375-InchUchida 483-C-0 Chisel Tip Bistro Chalk Marker, White
Write one fall activity, that you and your family would like to do, on each popsicle stick. Examples: Rake leaves, Take a Hayride, Apple Picking, etc.
Use the chalk or chalkboard marker to write “Fall Bucket List” on the little chalkboard sign.
Fill the bucket with popcorn kernels.
Push your popsicle stick activities down inside the bucket of kernels, and place your sign near the bucket.
Enjoy one of your fall fun activities each weekend by taking turns choosing a stick out of the bucket!
Outside Fall Activities
Here’s a few more fall & Halloween ideas before I go-
- Planning to Visit Disneyworld in October? Here’s your October Walt Disney World Tips + a Fall Mickey Mouse craft.
- Family-Friendly Fall Activites
- 10 Fall Activites For Couples
- 25 Easy Apple Cider Recipes
- Candy Corn Sugar Cones
- Love Fall but not Halloween? Here’s ideas for embracing fall when you don’t celebrate Halloween.
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Mummy Handpies
- Air Fryer Halloween Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer Monster Tunnel Cake
- Instant Pot Spooky Lemonade
Don’t Forget your Printable Instructions!
- 1 Small Tin Bucket
- 10-12 Small Popsicle Sticks---red, orange, yellow, natural
- Popcorn Kernels
- 1 Black Marker
- 1 Small Chalkboard Sign
- 1 Chalk or Chalkboard Marker
- Write one fall activity, that you and your family would like to do, on each popsicle stick. Examples: Rake leaves, Take a Hayride, Apple Picking, etc.
- Use the chalk or chalkboard marker to write “Fall Bucket List” on the little chalkboard sign.
- Fill the bucket with popcorn kernels.
- Push your popsicle stick activities down inside the bucket of kernels, and place your sign near the bucket.
- Enjoy one of your fall fun activities each weekend by taking turns choosing a stick out of the bucket!
- Have fun!