Last Updated on March 11, 2019
Disposable Paper Food Tray for Carnivals, Fairs, Festivals, and Picnics. Holds Nachos, Fries, Hot Corn Dogs, and more! – 2.5-Pound, 50-PackBBQ Party Picnic Bundle: Paper Plates, Napkins, Red Deli Baskets & Waxed Gingham Basket Liners (53 Piece Set)Dazzling Toys 6 Pcs Party Vinyl Tablecloth Red White Checkered Gingham Print – Size 108 Inch x 54 Inch
If you like this fun recipe, check out these other dessert recipes as well:
How does baking and cooking together as a family build bonding?
While the kitchen area in your home may not be a big space, there is always room to cook together in it. Cooking together as a family will not only have each and every one of you creating delicious food, but it requires that you find a way to work together efficiently to get a task done. Some of the best moments I have with my kids were of us creating memories in the kitchen together.
How do you effectively split up cooking tasks in the kitchen?
In order to make certain that everyone is involved, you need to split up the kitchen tasks and steps. Remember the ages of your children when you’re assigning out tasks and also make certain that you’re there to supervise. The kitchen has many short objects and hot areas to be aware of so safety is of the most importance at all times.
If there is a task that you are unsure of, you need to do that task, Save the others such as pouring ingredients and mixing for the kids. And don’t forget that they need to help clean up at the end!
Can you make your own homemade cupcakes for this recipe?
Of course! If you have a delicious homemade cupcake recipe that you’re crazy over (and if you have the time), go for it! I simply used premade ones to save on time and energy. Making anything homemade is always a great option so if you can do it, do so!
Who’s ready for the dessert recipe?
- 10 prepared mini white cupcakes.
- 1 Can of Vanilla Frosting
- Small Pan of Prepared Brownies
- 1 Can of Red Frosting
- 10 orange tootsie rolls
- 1 Cup of Shredded Coconut
- Food Coloring, yellow and green
- Sesame Seeds
3) Flatten out the tootsie rolls and cut a square out of each one to look like cheese.
4) Slice the cupcakes in half like a bun, slightly dampen the tops with water, and sprinkle the sesame seeds on.
5) Place a brownie round on the bottom cupcake bun, then top with a piece of the tootsie roll cheese.
6) Now put on the red frosting ketchup, the yellow frosting mustard, and the green coconut lettuce.
7) Place the bun on top.
8) Optional: Poke a fancy toothpick through the bun.
9)Cute and fun for parties!
Talk about a fun surprise! Once you have created this delicious treats, store them in an airtight container in the fridge to keep them as fresh as possible. For best results, make certain that they’re eaten within about 3 days of making them up. (this is one leftover that everyone is certain to love!)
And honestly, this could also be a great prank to play on the kids for April Fool’s Day! If they ask what’s for dinner, let them know you’re making up cheeseburgers. Then, when they sit down at the table, place these adorable desserts in front of them! (and honestly, it’s one prank that they’ll probably love and enjoy!)
Don’t forget to print out your recipe for later!
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. pork shoulder cut into 1-inch cubes (can use tenderloin but it will be dryer)
- 1 large onion chopped into quarters
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup homemade "soy sauce"
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Instructions for Freezer Prep
1) Place all the pork in a large round freezer safe container that fits inside the Instant Pot. This will ensure you can cook the pork bites from frozen with minimal defrosting.
2) Pour the remaining ingredients except for the onions inside the container with the cubed pork. Mix it up well so that everything is covered then place the onions on top.
3) Place the lid on the container and then tape the cooking instructions to the lid. Place in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Cooking Label: Pork Bites 8 minutes
Natural Pressure Release Cooking Directions:
1) Defrost the pork bites just enough to be able to remove them from the container. A few minutes under cool water should be enough.
2) Place the pork bite in the Instant Pot, no trivet or extra cooking liquid is needed. It will produce enough liquid on its own. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing.
3) Cook the pork bites on high pressure using the "manual" or "pressure cook" function for 8 mins. Let the pressure release naturally.
4) At this point you can either serve the pork bites as is, they should have an internal temperature of 170 degrees F, or you can place them in a baking pan with all the juice and broil them for about 3-5 minutes to make the outside a little crispy.
5) Serve and enjoy another delicious freezer meal!