I’m a simple woman and what I like best about casseroles is that they’re a one-pot dish. This keto-friendly casserole is loaded with the fats you need and the cheese you love- without the carbs. This Multi-Pot Crisp Lid Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole is easy to make and I absolutely love the simplicity.
Broccoli and cauliflower are the dynamic duos, especially if you are keeping an eye on your carb intake. Add some cheese and heavy cream and you’ve got a one-pot wonder. It’s easy, healthy, and delicious. You’ll get the rich cheesy flavor and veggies without the added carbs from rice or potatoes, which happen to be the main ingredient in many casserole recipes. Low carb, healthier alternative, delicious, who could ask for anything more?
The Easiest Multi-Pot Crisp Lid Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Unless you’re new to my humble site, it’s no secret that I have a unique fondness for my pressure cookers. Yes, cookers, pots, plural, as in multiple Instant Pots. I use my magic pots every time I get half a chance. These kitchen wonders have cut down cooking time by half and they’re just as tasty, if not tastier, than other, more conventional methods. When I can find a casserole recipe like this one, I jump on it. This one is homemade delicious goodness with no extras and all the good stuff.
Do you know how difficult it can be to get some kids to eat their veggies? It can be downright frustrating! But this dish is so delicious and cheesy that they may wolf it down before they even know there are veggies in it. I love the cheesy goodness, but most of all I love that I can dump it all in the instant pot and it comes out perfect and ready to put on the table.
Absolutely. Although fresh veggies are my personal preference, you can also use frozen if you do not have fresh. However, if you choose to use frozen vegetables, you will need to skip the steaming step.
Do I have to use cheddar cheese?
Absolutely not. My family really likes sharp cheddar cheese, but you can use any of the other melting cheeses. White cheddar, Swiss, Monterey Jack, Colby, or Gruyere all work well, too.
Can I use pre-shredded cheese to save time?
I would suggest avoiding any pre-shredded cheeses. They do not meltdown as well usually and it can make the sauce grainy. It’s better to buy blocks of cheese and grate it using a box grater. If you have a food processor with a grater attachment, that would work well also.
How should I prepare the cauliflower and broccoli?
Firstly, I wash my veggies for any recipe. Next, to prepare the veggies for this casserole, you’ll want to trim them up quite a bit. For the broccoli, you’ll want to remove the stalks and leave the tender florets. The same goes for the cauliflower. After removing the stalks, break the tops into smaller pieces.
Ingredients Needed for Multi Pot Crisp Lid Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
This recipe serves 4.
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 8-ounce block of softened cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Multi Pot Crisp Lid Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole
Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to the multi-pot insert.
Turn the multi-pot setting to “saute” or “brown” mode and adjust the heat until “less” heat is selected.
Let it cook, stirring occasionally, until the cream cheese dissolves into the heavy cream. This should take about four or five minutes and the sauce should be thick.
Once the cream cheese is fully melted and the mixture becomes a thick sauce, add the shredded cheddar cheese and whisk it in.
Then add the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Mix it up well to coat the veggies nicely with the sauce.
Turn off the “saute” mode. Close the lid and select the “steam” mode. Use the “- and +” to adjust the time to five minutes.
Once the pot beeps, let the pressure release on its own.
While you are waiting, lightly grease a 1.5-quart baking dish with oil.
Once the pressure has released naturally, open the multi-pot lid and move the cauliflower and broccoli florets with all the sauce to the oiled baking dish. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the top.
Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese across the top evenly.
Place the trivet inside the insert in your multi-pot. Put the crisp lid basket on top of the trivet. Now place the baking dish in the crisp lid basket and put the crisp lid on top of the multi-pot insert.
Air fry at 300-degrees (F) for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden. Serve while hot.
Want to Add Some Toppings?
A topping I have used is chopped green onions for color. I’ve also used crumbled bacon bits for extra flavor. You can keep this dish as is, or go for a topping that fits your desire.
What Should I Serve with this Multi Pot Crisp Lid Broccoli Cauliflower Casserole?
Since all your veggies are in a single dish, it goes well with any meat dish. Try it with baked chicken or fish. It also compliments steak well. This would also make a GREAT side for a potluck dinner or holiday meal. Here are a few recipes that you might like to pair this casserole with:
And there you have it. In just about 30 minutes you’ve got a tasty, healthy, cheesy side dish your whole family can enjoy. And the multi-pot crisp lid broccoli cauliflower casserole is all made in the multi-pot.
Don’t forget to print out the recipe for later!
- 2 cups of Broccoli Florets
- 2 cups of Cauliflower Florets
- 1 cup of Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 (8 oz.) block of softened Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper into the Multi-pot insert.
- Turn the Multi-pot to “Sauté” mode and use the adjust button to adjust the heat until "Less" is selected.
- Stirring occasionally cook till the cream cheese dissolves in the heavy cream and the sauce is thick, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and whisk it in.
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Mix well to coat.
- Cancel the ‘“Sauté” mode. Close the lid and select the “Steam” mode and adjust the time, with the “- / +” to 5 minutes.
- When Multi-Pot beeps, let the pressure release the natural way.
- Lightly grease a 1.5 quart baking dish with oil.
- Open the Multi-Pot lid. Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets along will all the sauce to the prepared baking dish. Smoothen the top.
- Sprinkle the shredded parmesan cheese evenly on top.
- Place the tall trivet inside the insert of your Multi-Pot. Place the Crisp Lid Basket on top of the trivet. Place the baking dish in the Crisp Lid Basket. Put the Crisp Lid on top of the Multi-Pot insert.
- Air Fry at 300 F for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden. Serve hot.
- We used fresh cauliflower and broccoli for this recipes. You can use frozen ones too. Just skip the steaming step.
- We used sharp cheddar cheese, but any melting cheese like white cheddar, gruyere, Swiss, Colby or Monterey Jack will be good too.
- Avoid pre-shredded cheese. They don’t melt well and makes the cheese sauce grainy. Better to buy a block of cheese and grate it using a box grater.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g
This website is written and produced for informational purposes only by Awe Filled Homemaker and is not to be considered in anyway as medical advice or instruction, medical nutrition therapy or individualized nutrition counseling. Statements within this site have not been evaluated or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. No content on this website is intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment.