Why is it important to soften cream cheese before using it in recipes?
Besides crackers, what else could you serve with this Autumn Cheeseball?
How many days ahead can you make a cheeseball?
How long is a homemade cheeseball good for?
Can a cheeseball be frozen?
Autumn Cheeseball With Everything Homemade Bagel Seasoning
Ingredients to make an autumn cheeseball
1 (8 oz.) block of Cream Cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) block of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
¼ cup of Sour Cream
1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
¼ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
½ teaspoon of Garlic Salt
2 heaped tablespoons of finely chopped Chives
¼ cup of Homemade Bagel Seasoning
Pretzel rods and Parsley sprig to Garnish
Assorted Crackers to Serve
Step 1 & 2 Soften cream cheese until it is fluffy, then add in cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, and chopped onions.
Step 3. Form into a ball and chill following the complete recipe instructions below.
Next spread your homemade bagel seasoning on a plate. Roll the cheeseball in the blend.
Follow the rest of the recipe below to complete your Fall/Autumn Cheeseball!
Don’t Forget To Print The Recipe Out For Later!
- 1 (8 oz.) block of Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) block of Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- ¼ cup of Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- ½ teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 2 heaped tablespoons of finely chopped Chives
- ¼ cup of Everything Bagel but the Salt Seasoning
- Pretzel rod and Parsley sprig to Garnish
- Assorted Crackers to Serve
- In a large bowl cream the softened cream cheese till it’s fluffy.
- Add in the grated cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and chopped chives. Mix it until well combined.
- Form the mix into a ball and wrap it in a plastic wrap. Chill for an hour or two.
- Spread the Everything Bagel but the Salt Seasoning in a flat plate.
- Unwrap the chilled cheese ball and roll it in the seasoning blend, making sure it is evenly coated.
- Add a small pretzel rod and a parsley sprig to mimic a pumpkin steam and vines, on top of the cheese ball.
- Taking the pointed end of a chopstick, makes groves around the ball, to make it look like a pumpkin.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
Freshly grated cheddar cheese works best for this recipe than a pre-shredded bag of cheese. It blends better
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
This recipe is actually really quite simple once you get the process down. And while it’s a great appetizer to serve before any meal, it’s always really great to serve on its own as a snack, too.
With the upcoming football season and holidays approaching, this homemade cheeseball recipe is the perfect addition to any family gathering. And keep in mind that you can always make it ahead of time so it’s ready to serve your guests.
Easy to make and even better to eat, you’re going to love the taste and flavor of this Autumn Cheeseball. I’ve even prepared and waited for the boys when they’ve returned from their tutorial!
What about the double-dipping rule? I say it doesn’t apply, but my husband says it does. Either way, this cheeseball is just too good to let sit.
Get ready to treat your tastebuds with this delicious homemade cheeseball recipe.