Air Fryer Thai Chicken Pita Pizza
Pizza is a big deal In my house. If my kids could eat it for every meal, I think they might just do that. If we’re being honest, my husband loves it too! Although my family enjoys a variety of pizza pies, it is one of those foods that CAN at times become monotonous and, we can easily get burnt out eating it pretty quick. Then you add in the fact that everyone wants something different. Enter the air fryer thai chicken pita pizza!
My oldest likes barbecue sauce instead of the marinara sauce. My middle son lives and dies by pepperoni pizza. My youngest wants an extra cheese pizza. My husband likes pepperoni and mushroom on a deep dish. I like just the toppings OR to make a low carb version in my instant pot!
Not only can we grow tired of pizza, it does become quite expensive based off everyone’s desires. What am I to do? I create a new recipe, that’s what!
Spend a few minutes traveling through my blog and you’ll realize how passionate I am about my Air Fryer. I love the ease of use, the ease of clean-up and the way that it helps me to cook healthier meals for myself and my family. I’m head over heels for this kitchen contraption. It allows me to create amazing, healthy, wonderful recipes!
This Air Fryer Thai Chicken Pita Pizza takes pizza to a whole new level! Your pizza-loving taste buds are in for a true treat. The true inspiration for this pizza recipe takes me back to my college days. I spent a lot of days at Schlotzsky’s Deli eating their Thai Chicken recipe. It was so good and this breaks up the monotony of the same ole same ole pizza!
If I’m certain about anything in life, I feel like I have a good pallet when it comes to tasting and recognizing a variety of food flavors by now. My pallet also allows me to recognize which flavors would combine well together pretty easily- especially trying to recreate my college days!!!
When it hit me that pizza and Thai were a combination easily made in my air fryer- I knew I was in food heaven and had to make it happen!
Is it possible to combine peanut butter, cheese, chicken and pita bread into a truly flavorful meal? Don’t laugh or snarl your nose. With the ease of the Air Fryer, you’ll be amazed at just how perfectly it turns out. It might even take YOU back to your college days too! 😉
Give your recipe rotation and menu plan a much-needed boost with this delicious and flavorful Air Fryer Thai Chicken Pita Pizza recipe. You’ll be so happy with the results and your family will love the unique flavors to enjoy and explore.
Who knows? You may just uncover that your family has a new pizza flavor that they love and you’ll never have to eat another plain cheese pizza ever again!
Air Fryer Thai Chicken Pita Pizza
4 Pita Bread Rounds
1 cup of shredded Mozzarella
1 cup of cooked Chicken (you could do this in your air fryer or in your instant pot)
1 cup of thinly sliced Assorted Vegetables (We did red onion, carrots, green and red bell pepper)
Crushed Peanuts and Cilantro to garnish
For the Sauce
½ cup of creamy Peanut Butter
1 tablespoon of Honey
1 teaspoon of Chili Paste
Juice of 1 Lime
GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Air Fryer XL with 6-PC Accessory Set + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)Cuisinart TOA-60 Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven Air Fryer, SilverPaula Deen’s Air Fryer Cookbook
1. In a medium-sized bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, chili paste and the lime juice. Whisk it well.
2. Take the pita bread rounds and brush each round with 2 tablespoon of the prepared peanut sauce. Reserve the rest for drizzling on the final pizza.
3. Evenly distribute the shredded mozzarella on the four pita rounds.
4. Top it with the cooked chicken and assorted vegetables. Lightly press everything together with your palm.
5. Air fry each pita pizza for 8 minutes at 370F.
6. Repeat with the remaining pita pizzas
7. Serve immediately, topped with crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro and a light drizzle of the reserved peanut sauce.
Don’t Forget To Print Out The Recipe For Later!
- 4 Pita Bread Rounds
- 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella
- 1 cup of cooked Chicken
- 1 cup of thinly sliced Assorted Vegetables We did red onion, carrots, green and red bell pepper
- Crushed Peanuts and Cilantro to garnish
- For the Sauce
- ½ cup of creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Honey
- 1 teaspoon of Chili Paste
- Juice of 1 Lime
- In a medium sized bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, chili paste and the lime juice. Whisk it well.
- Take the pita bread rounds and brush each round with 2 tablespoon of the prepared peanut sauce. Reserve the rest for drizzling on the final pizza.
- Evenly distribute the shredded mozzarella on the four pita rounds.
- Top it with the cooked chicken and assorted vegetables. Lightly press everything together with your palm.
- Air fry each pita pizza for 8 minutes at 370F.
- Repeat with the remaining pita pizzas
- Serve immediately, topped with crushed peanuts, fresh cilantro and a light drizzle of the reserved peanut sauce.